Dissemination of the research output via publications has been one of the major initiatives of the Institute from its inception. Institute's publications consist of Journals, Monographs, Books, and Booklets in English and Gujarati.
Selected major research studies of the Institute have been published as Monographs as listed below.
- Commodity Taxation in India, D.T. Lakdawala and K.V. Nambiar, distributed by Popular Prakashan, Bombay.
- Regional Variation in Industrial Development, D.T. Lakdawala and R J Mody, distributed by Popular Prakashan, Bombay.
- Financial Assets and Instruments for Mobilization of Saving, D.T. Lakdawala and RJ. Mody, distributed by Popular Prakashan, Bombay.
- Wage Structure and Labour Mobility in a Local Labour Market, T.S. Papola and K.K. Subrahmanian, distributed by Popular Prakashan, Bombay.
- Optimum Utilisation of Educational Expenditure in Gujarat, D.T. Lakdawala and K.R. Shah, distributed by Popular Prakashan, Bombay.
- Regional Planning in a Consistency Framework - A Study of Gujarat. S.P. Kashyap, distributed by Allied Publishers, New Delhi.
- Adult Education Programme in Gujarat - An Appraisal, Arul Sarma, Vimal P. Shah and B.K. Parikh, distributed by Allied Publishers, New Delhi.
- Gujarat Economy - 2000 AD, Sardar Patel Institute of Economic and Social Research, Ahmedabad, distributed by Allied Publishers, New Delhi.
- Employment, Poverty and Public Policy, Sardar Patel Institute of Economic and Social Research, Ahmedabad, distributed by Allied Publishers, New Delhi.
- Gujarat Economy - Problems and Prospects, D.T. Lakdawala (ed.), distributed by Allied Publishers, New Delhi.
- International Linkages of Domestic Prices and the Mechanism of Price Transmission, R G. Nambiar, distributed by Allied Publishers, New Delhi.
- Shaping of Diamonds in Surat - Some Passas (Facets), S.P. Kashyap and R.S. Tiwari, distributed by Allied Publishers, New Delhi.
- Multinational Corporations and National Technological Capability, Mohanan Pillai and Jayshree Shah, distributed by D.K. Publishers, Delhi.
- Evaluation of Gujarat Social Forestry Programme, M.K. Dalvi and Rohit Shukla, distributed by D.K. Publishers, Delhi.
- Stability and Development, (Ed.) YK. Alagh, RJ. Mody and R.D. Desai, published & distributed by Har-Anand Publications, New Delhi.
- Sectoral Growth and Change, (Ed.) Y.K. Alagh, RJ. Mody and R.D. Desai, published and distributed by Har-Anand Publications, New Delhi.
- The Household Sector: A Study of Jari in Surat, R.D. Desai, published and distributed by Har-Anand Publications, New Delhi.
- Economic Dimensions of the Sardar Sarovar Project, Y.K. Alagh, RD. Desai, G.S. Guha and S.P. Kashyap, published and distributed by Har-Anand Publications, New Delhi.
- Economic Theory and Econometric Applications - Recent Developments, G.V.S.N. Murty (ed.), distributed by Har-Anand Publications, New Delhi.
- Development of Gujarat - People's Perceptions, Sam Pitroda and RJ Mody (eds.),
distributed by PBC Book Service, Ahmedabad.
- Power Economics in Gujarat, YK. Alagh, Jayshree Shah and Vinod K. Shah, published and distributed by Har-Anand Publications. New Delhi.
- Informal Sector in India: Pathways to Viability and Growth (ed) Jayshree Shah & R.G. Nambiar
- Conflict Resolution in the Water Sector, (ed.) Rohit D. Desai, SPIESR, Ahmedabad
- Financial Issues in Water Sector, Proceedings of the Seminar on Networking of Financial Issues in Water Sector
- Petroleum Refining in India: Reform and Technical Efficiency in Public Sector Enterprises, Dr. Madhusudan Datta, distributor - Allied Publishers, New Delhi.
- Developments in Agriculture: A Comparative Analysis of the Growth Components and Contributory Factors Across States, Dr. Niti Mehta, distributor - Allied Publishers, New Delhi.
- Vulnerability and Risk Measurement of Climate Induced Disasters in Gujarat, Dr. Shital Shukla, Academic Foundation, New Delhi
- Supermarket for Rural Customers: A Study of a Community - Oriented Social Enterprise in Gujarat, Subrata Dutta and Munish Alagh, Academic Foundation, New Delhi.
Working Paper Series
- Service Boom in the Indian Economy: An Analysis of Causal Influences (2010) Madhusudan Datta
- Agricultural Demand and Food Security in India (2010) Yoginder K. Alagh
- Female Employment in India: Trends and Underlying Processes in the Era of Reforms (2010) Niti Mehta
- Sectoral Shares in GDP: Estimation at Current and Constant Prices (2010) Madhusudan Datta
- Technical Efficiency of Agricultural Farms and Capital -Output Ratio: A Study on Jhansi Division of Uttar Pradesh (2011) Hansa Jain & Ram Kumar Jha
- Towards an Understanding of Sustainable Environment & Development: Some Reflections (2011) Tattwamasi Paltasingh
- Performance of Gujarat Economy: An analysis of Growth and Instability (2011) Anita Arya & Niti Mehta
- Drivers of Vulnerability towards Climate Variability in Gujarat (2012) Shital Shukla
- Impact of Socio-Economic Indicators on The Status of Natural Resources (2012) Hansa Jain
- The Economics of Government Savings: A Note on Indian State-level Fiscal Restructuring (2012) Subrata Dutta
- Productivity and Resource Structure: Underlying Dimensions of Agricultural Development in Gujarat (2012) Niti Mehta
- Intervention on Early Childhood Care and Education: Evidences from Orissa (2012) Tattwamasi Paltasingh
- Wages and Wage Disparity in Organized Manufacturing Industries: An Analysis of Post Reforms Era (2013) Hansa Jain, Dileep Singh.
Indian Public Employment Policy for Weaker Sections: A Case of SC/ST (2013) -
- Sardar Sarovar Revisited (2013) - Y. K. Alagh.
- Including Community in School Education: Gujarat Scenario (2014) - Tattwamasi Paltasingh
- Philosophical Explorations of Causality and flagging its link to Behavioral Economics (2015)- Munish Alalgh.
- Economics of Organisations applied to a Community Enterprise in Gujarat (2015) – Munish Alagh.
- Inter-Generational Relations and Decision-making among the Elderly: A Study in Gujarat (2015) – Renu Tyagi, Tattwamasi Paltasingh.
- The Uneasy Case against Planning (2016) – Yoginder K. Alagh.
- Dynamics of Change in the Employment and Enterprise Structure of Gujarat (2016) – Niti Mehta.
- Financial Management in Local Government (2016) - Forum Dave
- Class Matters? : Exploring the Trends in Female Workforce Participation in India after 2004 - 05 (2017) - Niti Mehta and Smrutirekha Mohanty
- Evaluating Group Disparities in Educational Outcomes: An Age Cohort Perspective (2018) - Vachaspati Shukla
- Public-Private Wage Gap in the Indian Mining and Quarrying Industry (2018) - Smrutirekha Mohanty
- Conflict Resolution in the Water Sector, (Ed. Rohit D. Desai), SPIESR, Ahmedabad
- Financial, Issues in Water Sector, (Ed. Rohit D. Desai), SPIESR, Ahmedabad
- Informal Sector in India: Pathways to Viability and Growth (Ed. Jayshree Shah & R.G. Nambiar)
New Reprint Series(with permission of the Journal)
- “The Next Stage of Planning in India, Economic & Political Weekly", Vol. LIII, Nos.26 & 27 June 30, 2018. Book Review: Counting the Poor in India: Where Do We Stand, Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol.73, No.2 April-June, 2018.
- “How Real Are the Changes in Sectoral GDP Shares in the Indian Economy?”, Journal of Quantitative Economics, Vol.9, No.1, January 2011, pp.169-182, Madhusudan Datta.
- “Agriculture in a Rural-Urban Continuum” Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 66, No.2, April-June, 2011, pp.165-177, Yoginder K. Alagh.
- “Liberalised Era and Technical Efficiency in Agriculture: Variations in Gujarat and West Bengal” Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 66, No.2, April-June, 2011, pp.214-229, Niti Mehta
- “Determinants of Rural Industrial Entrepreneurship of Farmers in West Bengal: A Structural Equations Approach”, International Regional Science Review, Vol.33, No.4, October-December, 2010, pp.367-396, Subrata Dutta.
- Performance of Crop Sector in Gujarat during High Growth Period: Some Explorations, Agricultural Economics Research Review, Vol.25 (No.2), July-December 2012, pp.195-204, Niti Mehta.
- “Demographic Transition and Population Ageing: Building an Inclusive Culture”, Social Change, 42(3) 391-409, Sage Publications, Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore, Washington DC., 2012, pp.391-409, Tattwamasi Paltasingh & Renu Tyagi.
- “Future of Indian Agriculture”, The Indian Economic Journal, Vol. 59(1), April-June 2011, pp.40-55, Y.K. Alagh.
- “Beyond the 12th Plan Approach”, Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol.67, No.1, Jan-March 2012, pp.1-8, Y.K. Alagh.
- “Entrepreneurship Education & Culture of Enterprise: Relevance & Policy Issues”, The Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol.48, No.2, October 2012, pp.233-246, Tattwamasi Paltasingh.
- “Entrepreneurship & Global Competitiveness: A Study on India”, The Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol. 47, No.4, April 2012, pp.617-633, Subrata Dutta.
- “Resource-based Planning” Prerequisites for Decentralized Development, IASSI Quarterly- Contributions to Indian Social Science, Vol.31, No.2, April-June 2012, pp.1-23, Niti Mehta.
- “An Investigation into Growth, Instability and Role of Weather in Gujarat Agriculture: 1981-2011”, Agricultural Economics Research Review, Vol.26 (Conference Number) 2013, pp.43-55, Niti Mehta.
- “Vulnerability of Widows and Justifiability of their Social Protection from Macroeconomic Standpoint”, Review of Development and Change, Vol. XVII, No.2, July-December 2012, pp.75-91, Subrata Dutta.
- “Fiscal Consolidation and Some Key Issues: An Indian Sub-National Level analysis”, The Journal of Economic Policy and Research, Vol.7, No.2, April-September 2012, pp.1-41, Subrata Dutta.
- “The Economics of Government Savings: An analysis of Indian State-level Fiscal Restructuring”, The Indian Economic Journal, Vol.60, No.1, April-June 2012, pp.106-129, Subrata Dutta.
- “Social Security for Rural Widows in Rajasthan: An Empirical Study”, Development in Practice, Vol.23, No3, May 2013, pp.402-421, Subrata Dutta.
- “Protecting Children from Classroom Hunger through Mid-Day-Meal Scheme: Initiatives and Challenges”, IASSI Quarterly-Contributions to Indian Social Science, Vol.-32, No.1, January-March 2013, pp.107-122, Tattwamasi Paltasingh.
- “Social Security & Policy on Senior Citizens: Evidences From Asian Countries”, Ageing & Society: The Indian Journal of Gerontology, Vol. XXII, No.I & II, Jan-March 2012, April-June 2012, pp. 1-20, Tattwamasi Paltasingh & Renu Tyagi.
- “Employment of Rural Labour in the Neo-Liberal Era: A Study of Gujarat”, The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Vol.56, No.2, 2013, pp.243-266, Niti Mehta.
- “Rule-based consolidation in India and European Union: A relook into the process”, Journal of Indian School of Political Economy, Vol.24, No.1-4, Jan-Dec.-2012, pp.157-179, Subrata Dutta & Auke R. Leen.
- “Industrial Growth and Wage Structure: An Inter-Regional Analysis”, Journal of Regional Development Planning, Vol.3, No.1, 2014, pp.1-18, Hansa Jain and Dileep Singh.
- “Production and Reproduction in Feminism: Ideas, Perspectives and Concepts”, Society and Management Review, 3(1) January 2014, Sage Publications, Tattwamasi Paltasingh & Lakhmi L.
- “Women’s Empowerment through SHGs: Intervention and Imperatives”, Social Work Chronicle, Vol.3 No.1 & 2, 2014, pp.54-65, Tattwamasi Paltasingh.
- “Agricultural Productivity in Gujarat: Emerging Challenges and Possibilities”, The Indian Economic Journal Special Issue, December 2013, pp. 49-60, Hansa Jain.
- “Economic Implications of South Asian Free Trade Area for India & the World: A Partial Equilibrium Approach”, The Indian Economic Journal, Special Issue, December 2014, pp. 371-391, Hansa Jain.
- “Government Intervention Through Mid-Day Meal Scheme: Review and Reflections”, Journal of Governance & Public Policy, Vol.4, No.2, July-December 2014, pp.52-61, Tattwamasi Paltasingh.
- “Wage Determinants in India’s Manufacturing Sector during Post Reforms Scenario”, Journal of Economic Policy & Research, Vol.10, No.1, Oct-2014-March 2015, pp.109-135, Hansa Jain.
- “Rural-Urban Linkages, Labour Migration & Rural Industrialization in West Bengal”, The Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol.50, No.3, January 2015, pp.397-411, Subrata Dutta & Subhendu Chakrabarti.
- “Assessment of Marketed and Marketable Surplus of Major Food grains in Gujarat”, Indian Journal of Agricultural Marketing, Vol.28, No.2, May-August 2014, pp.60-80, Munish Alagh.
- “Tribal Population in India: Regional Dimensions & Imperatives” Journal of Regional Development and Planning, Vol.3, No.2, December 2014, pp.27-36, Tattwamasi Paltasingh & Gayatri Paliwal.
- “Manufacturing Growth & Employment Pattern in India since 1990s”, The Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol.50, No.3, January-2015, pp.412-424, Hansa Jain.
- “Development of Rural Small Enterprises during Liberalisation: A Study of Gujarat and West Bengal”, The Asian Economic Review, Journal of the Indian Institute of Economics, Vol.57 (No.3) September 2015, pp.137-168, Subrata Dutta.
- “Building the Foundation of Pre-School Education in an Indian State: Intervention and Polices”, Journal of Educational Planning and Administration Vol.XXIX (No.2) April 2015, pp.105-119, Tattwamasi Paltasingh.
- “Rural Entrepreneurship through Restructuring State Finances: A Note for Policy”, The Indian Journal of Industrial Relations A Review of Economic & Social Development Vol.51 (No.2) October 2015, pp.204-211, Subrata Dutta.
- “Changing Inter-Sectoral Linkages: Role of Technology Adoption in Agricultural Growth”, Agricultural Economics Research Review Vol.28 (Conference Number) 2015, pp.35-46, Niti Mehta.
- “Entrepreneurship and Sociocultural Factors” Originally published in South Asia Research, Vol.36, No.1, SAGE Publications India Pvt. Ltd., pp.41-60, Subrata Dutta.
- “Patterns of Borrowing by Rural Householders for Farm and Non-farm Businesses in Gujarat and West Bengal”, Review of Development & Change Vol.XX (Number 1) January-June 2015, pp.61-80, Subrata Dutta.
- “Wages and Wage Disparity in Organised Manufacturing Industries: An Analysis of the Post-Reform Era”, The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Volume 57, Number 4,
October-December, 2014, pp.441-464, Hansa Jain.
- “Sectoral Interaction and Transformation of a Predominantly Agrarian Economy: A Discourse in the Light of the Classical Political Economy Frameworks”, Archives of
Economic History, Volume XXVII, Number 2, July-December, 2015, pp.5-18, Subrata Dutta.
Shri K. P. Satheesan
Sardar Patel Institute of Economic and Social Research,
Thaltej Road, Near Doordarshan Towers,
Ahmedabad, 380 054
Phone: +91 79 26850598, 26851428
Fax: +91 79 26851714